The New Logo Contest
I’ve been getting some emails and comments about that new logo/banner thing up there*. “What’s with the cruise ship?” “Where did ‘Badassity’ go.. did you finally cave in and sell out to Chase?”
No, sillyheads. I was just growing antsy for a new logo, since the old one had been up for many months. I loved it, and it was artfully drawn by a reader named Chris (and thanks again, Chris!).
As a reminder, it looked like this:
.. and that logo was in turn a long-overdue update of the original one I made with Mustachioed Dollarbills on Turntables and a mixer:
see, here on the Internet, you need to keep things fresh. New artwork is always a good thing.
Hearing me expressing those feelings over dinner, my six-year-old son decided he would create a new logo for me immediately. With a bit of help from me, he fired up Photoshop and we cropped and chopped together the silly scene you see at the time of writing, also shown below:
All image selection and placement was done solely by him, so I think of it as a peek into what Mustachianism feels to a young lad at the heart of the movement. And I like it!
But at the same time, I think we can do more. Everyone has their own take, and many readers are pretty artsy and creative as well. So I figured we should open up the design to the whole world!
- Send me a .jpg or .psd (Photoshop) image with dimensions of 981 x 190 pixels. Post it on your own web server or attach it to an email directed to mmm [at] [the domain name of this site].
- It should contain “Mr. Money Mustache”, and the sub-heading “Financial Freedom Through Badassity”.
- Sketchy hand-drawn elements and warm feelings are encouraged. Wood, rocks, nature, cross-hatching with an old ink pen.. all these are cool options.
- The prize to winning entries is just the fun of having your logo shown to all of this blog’s worldwide audience for many months to come – with a mention of your name or website if you like.
- There is no limit to the number of winners – I hope to have many to choose from and rotate through, but judging will be subject to the unpredictable whims of Mr. Money Mustache and anyone who happens to be sitting nearby at the time.
- Deadline is January 23rd, which is one week from today. I’ll post a follow-up article shortly thereafter.
If you want to use my own handwriting lettering, you can find it isolated in its own layer in the following .psd file:
If right-clicking the link doesn’t work, you can paste that URL into your browser to get the file (size is 1.35MB).
Thanks for your interest and let the craziness begin!
* update – since writing this, there have been many great submissions! I took down the Junior MM cruise ship and I’m trying out a promissing reader submission in the interim, until the deadline. Keep them coming!
Article: How To Start a Blog
Where to next? Check out a Random Article
Stay in Touch: Subscribe to posts by e-mail, RSS Feed, or follow MMM on Twitter and Facebook.
Join the Conversation: Learn from Like-Minded Mustachians in The Money Mustache Community