The MMM Headquarters
A Coworking Space in Downtown Longmont
In early 2017, some friends and I shared the purchase of a dilapidated historic house in a great location on the Main Street of Longmont, Colorado, and then restored it into a pretty neat compound for holding all sorts of events. You can even read a little bit about the purchase in this article from August of that year.
Some of the building became Mud and Madder, a studio and shop where Mrs. MM and another co-owner create and sell their own creations like soaps, scrubs and ceramics. They also host markets so artists without their own building can get in on the fun.
The other side became the “Mustachian Headquarters”, which is just a cozy coworking space that is set up like a coffee shop. My goal is to maintain a membership of about 80 Longmont locals, many of us entrepreneurs or people who like to get out of the house to work and socialize, and have everyone become friends and collaborators. We’ve been open since September 2017, and things have been a blast so far.
Members of the MMM-HQ enjoy this always-growing list of perks:
- 24/7 keycard access to a big, open room downtown (about 700 square feet) with couches, tables, benches, cozy chairs, etc. Plus an adjoining small kitchen area for our food.
- Access to dozens of other accomplished entrepreneurial local friends, who can all be part of an active Slack Group.
- WiFi over Gigabit fiber internet access
- Free coffee and nonprofit other fitness-friendly snacks
- A tool sharing library in a detached garage workshop (including welding and metalworking equipment.
- A big outdoor patio courtyard area out back with grill, chairs, music, patio lanterns, etc.
- Outdoor gym with barbells, kettlebells, squat rack, medicine ball, plus bodyweight things like pull-up bars and a dip rack.
- FREE BEER as we rotate through kegs from local craft breweries. Semi-regular happy hours whenever someone chooses to plan one.
- Free bikes available for borrowing, including a Fortified and an Bunch Bike electric-boosted cargo bike.
- All-solar-generated electricity from our DIY-crafted array on the garage, which also includes a 3.3kW electric car charger that is free for members.
- Talks and classes – from members, and from visitors.
- Group Advocacy for improving the town.
- The chance to work together on this new building – learning through doing as we build new features.
- And any other perks and cool ideas we can think of with our collective mind power.
- Operated on a informal nonprofit basis, I generally manage this place for free and use the proceeds to create some good change around the town and the world.
Rates and How to Join:
Membership $156 per quarter, payable via Paypal automatic deduction. Because we want a stable membership (both to build a strong community and so I can spend my retirement doing more fun stuff than constantly enlisting new people), I encourage you to think carefully before signing up. Give yourself an honor system one-year commitment to the idea.
If you are ready and you live in Longmont, read this super-informal membership agreement, then send me an email through the contact form (top menu of this webpage) with Coworking in the title. Please include a bit of biographical information so I can know you’re a real, friendly person.
From this list, I’ll gather interested people and host tours every few weeks, and then if you are still excited I can give you the subscription link to join for real!
Hope to see you here, neighbor!