The MMM Headquarters
A Coworking Space in Downtown Longmont
In early 2017, some friends and I shared the purchase of a dilapidated historic house in a great location on the Main Street of Longmont, Colorado, and then restored it into a pretty neat compound for holding all sorts of events. You can even read a little bit about the purchase in this article from August of that year.
As of January 2019, I have teamed up with three different friends including the esteemed Mindy and Carl (from BiggerPockets and 1500 Days) to take over the whole building, which has quadrupled our interior space!
Together, we are the “HQ Coworking” space, which is a nice rambling array of large and small rooms, set up much like a large coffee shop plus an outdoor patio. My goal is to maintain a membership of about 80 Longmont locals, many of us entrepreneurs or people who like to get out of the house to work and socialize, and have everyone become friends and collaborators. We’ve been open since September 2017, and things have been a blast so far.
Members of the MMM-HQ enjoy this always-growing list of perks:
- 24/7 keycard access to a historic building downtown with various cozy work and social spaces (about 2400 square feet) with couches, tables, benches, chairs, etc. Plus a dedicated kitchenette and a separate full kitchen.
- Access to dozens of other accomplished entrepreneurial local friends, who are all be part of an active Slack Group.
- WiFi over Gigabit fiber internet access
- Free great coffee (plus other fitness-friendly snacks sold at cost like $1.00 protein bars)
- A tool sharing library in a detached garage workshop (including welding and metalworking equipment, a 5×10 cargo trailer, etc.)
- A big outdoor patio courtyard area out back with grill, chairs, music, patio lanterns, etc.
- Outdoor gym with barbells, kettlebells, squat rack, medicine ball, plus bodyweight things like pull-up bars and a dip rack.
- FREE CRAFT BEER AND CIDER as we rotate through kegs from local craft breweries. Semi-regular happy hours whenever someone chooses to plan one.
- Free bikes available for borrowing, including a Fortified various electric bikes that manufacturers lend us occasionally for testing.
- All-solar-generated electricity from our DIY-crafted array on the garage, which also includes a 3.3kW electric car charger that is free for members.
- Talks and classes – from members, and from visitors.
- Group Advocacy for improving the town.
- The chance to work together on this new building – learning through doing as we build new features.
- And any other perks and cool ideas we can think of with our collective mind power.
- Operated on a informal nonprofit basis, I generally manage this place for free and use the proceeds to create some good change around the town and the world.
Rates and How to Join:
Membership $156 per quarter, payable via Paypal automatic deduction. Because we want a stable membership (both to build a strong community and so I can spend my retirement doing more fun stuff than constantly enlisting new people), I encourage you to think carefully before signing up. Give yourself an honor system one-year commitment to the idea.
If you are ready and you live in the Longmont area, read this super-informal membership agreement, then send us an email (hq.coworking at gmail) with Coworking in the title. Please include a bit of biographical information so we can know you’re a real, friendly person.
From this list, I’ll gather interested people and host tours every few days, and then if you are still excited I can give you the subscription link to join for real!
Hope to see you here, neighbor!